Friday, January 22, 2010

The TRAGEDY in Hati

Yes, TRAGEDY, because it's as simple as that.

Pat Robertson was (rightly so, IMO) widely criticized for his remarks on the impoverished nation. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/01/13/pat-robertson-haiti-curse_n_422099.html

As a Christian, I am mortified. This kind of person is why Christianity is looked down upon as a holier than thou / fake / hippocratic religion.

I want no part of that man. DO NOT associate me with him or his "followers". His fleet of televangelist viewers who tune in daily, nightly, weekly for his words of wisdom. People that send in money, send in checks to keep him on air and in his "Sunday best", 7 days a week.

I am disgusted, I venture a guess that God is disgusted as well.

I fully believe that this earthquake was an anomaly. God made the earth, He made it to be an alive, powerful living creature. Living things shift and morph, they conform-implode-explode. God did not look down from heaven thinking, "Time to teach these poor bastards a lesson". Instead, when the tragedy happened, He lit a flame in the heart of *every* Christian to go and help. To bring water and supplies and the good news of the LOVE of Jesus Christ.

Long ago, God sent a devastating flood. It buried the earth and everything that wasn't safe on the ark, was destroyed. God was angry, plain and simple. However, He SWORE to never get *that* angry again.

****"To me, this is like the days of Noah, when I swore that the waters of Noah would never cover the earth again. So I have sworn not to be angry with you, never to rebuke you again. Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed," says the Lord, who has compassion on you."*** Isa 54:9,10

When God makes a covenant, He honors it. I believe with all my heart that He has not caused this disaster.

And you! You who say yes, you who would side with the charlatan (Rob P.)- you had better sleep with one eye open. I dare to say that you have not been perfect, and if it's as you believe, than God will be coming for His reckoning soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment