Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Going Green

I really loathe that phrase.

It's so chic. It's so, "it", these days.

But, unfortunately, I have done just that. Gone green. Or at least I'm headed in the general "green" direction.

We stopped using paper products (plates, cups, napkins, paper towels) about 9 months ago. We only do laundry on cold settings. We recycle. I've replaced our toothbrushes with toothbrushes with replaceable heads. Cloth diapers. Etc...

It's all these very small, seemingly futile steps that (if done city/state/country wide) give huge results.

I've felt particularly responsible for the earth since I've had children. This is their inheritance, and I'm mucking it up for them. When I die, the earth doesn't cease, what a selfish thought! I need to leave something beautiful behind for the generations that I created.

I'll probably start reviewing "green" products and showing you how I'm changing my world a bit at a time (and how EASY it is for you to do it as well!). I hope you enjoy this new change.

2010, the year of the green monster. Hmmmmm...maybe not.

Ok, 2010-YEAR OF THE GREEN SWEEP!

1 comment:

  1. yay chelsa! I'm doing the same. Hopefully, I'll get a blog up soon. Although mine's a bit more crunchy then green, but they tend to go together.
    -Britt

    ReplyDelete