Wednesday, March 17, 2010

First day with my Cannon 7D

It was a tumultuous one, but ended peacefully.

I had a bothersome episode at work, followed by a disappointing meeting. The meeting made me late for my first lesson on how to use my camera to it's full advantage and by the time I got there, I was out of sorts-to say the least.

Anyway, I got over myself and learned a lot. Afterward, I went to my favorite park and started to practice.



It's starting to feel like summer here. The warmth of the sun is bringing people out to swim at one mile. Kids are splashing and dogs are sunning themselves next to their owners who lay sleepily in the grass, soaking in the beauty of the season. This picture really speaks to me. It speaks, "SWIM", unfortunately I didn't have a suit, and wasn't about to get naked.

____________________________


After that I went to one of my favorite bridges. It's on honey run road, what a fabulous name.





I adore this bridge. I pulled my aching feet from my work heels that make me tower around 6'1" and let the old planks work their magic. I felt 10 again. I remember running to a friends house in the middle of the day and not bothering with shoes. Flying out the door and hearing the screen slam behind me. Sweating while I read a book on the lawn and listened to the drone of a single engine plane.

____________________________


Lastly. I seemed to be feeling patriotic. This is quite uncharacteristic for me. Not because I hate the USA, quite the opposite. I love my country, I despise the hoards of people who dictate it. Never the less, while I was taking a picture of a flower I heard a noise up above. When I looked to see what was making the clanking sound, I squinted up to see my nation's flag waving beautifully in the wind, the chain clinking against the rusty pole.





Those were a few of my favorite shots from today. I'm leaving for Fort Bragg tomorrow. I'm hoping to get some amazing pictures of my fabulous state. I'm so lucky to live in such beautiful country, I find myself awestruck at the complexity of the landscape around me daily. California has something to offer everyone, as long as SoCal keeps to itself ;^)

Farewell for the evening.

2 comments:

  1. Great job. Can't wait to see more of your pictures! I really need to pull out my camera again... it's been in hiding for too long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad to see you posting again!! You go girl!!!

    ReplyDelete