Thursday, June 11, 2009

It's not who you are that holds you back, it's who you think you're not- Unknown

I realized last night that I hold myself back.

I follow a lot of blogs, they're full of women bursting with self confidence. I love looking at their pictures, I wish I could be them, look like them, dress like them. Last night I was browsing pictures and discovered something. None of these women are great beauties, please don't mistake me-they are BEAUTIFUL women-, but more than having good looks and lithe figures, they're very sure of themselves.

I looked through some of my own pictures, the ones I could find. I'm never caught on camera without something/someone in front of me and in full makeup. My eyes look like they're trying to be happy, trying to make someone believe I'm ok. I shouldn't try to make people believe something about me, I should be the person I want to be!

So, today I'm turning over a new leaf. I'm posting a picture WITHOUT makeup on and I'm mighty proud of it.


ME


No comments:

Post a Comment