Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day

We had our BBQ on Saturday and it was so much fun!

I knew we were in for a shocker, having never been to a "real" Texas BBQ. The food they made was AMAZING and I didn't over do it! I brought veggie trays, fruit trays, and a bag of grapes. Also, I was in charge of dessert. I brought Strawberry Shortcake (FF Cool Whip). An awesome 4 point dessert that left everyone satisfied!

We went to church yesterday (almost stayed in bed...probably should have) and then relaxed for the rest of the day. We had an amazing rain storm here, just poured in sheets and sheets...so beautiful. I never cease to marvel at the beauty God creates for our pleasure every day. Since canceling our cable *whimper* I've had many peaceful days just looking out the windows (when I'm not chasing all three of the kids around).

I do miss my California so much these days. Just thinking about what I would be doing if I was back home...
Walking through the trees in Paradise, CA and later on dipping our feet in the lake. There's nothing like a small town to make your heart feel full and happy.

Have a beautiful day celebrating everything that makes our country amazing and FREE.

No comments:

Post a Comment